iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | Google
What if I told you there was a nonclinical career that allowed you to spend your time helping patients understand their medical conditions and get appropriate care? Does this sound too good to be true? Today’s guest, Dr. Caitlin Fawcett, is here to tell you it’s not. Dr. Fawcett is a patient advocate and she’ll discuss what’s involved in her role, how a family medical diagnosis led her down this career path, different ways you can work as a patient advocate, and what her day-to-day work is like.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- How Caitlin’s experience advocating for her father changed her career path
- The difference between employed and independent patient advocates
- How Dr. Fawcett assists patients wanting a second opinion
- What medical specialties are sought after for patient advocacy work
- Compensation and schedule considerations for patient advocates
- What’s involved in Dr. Fawcett’s day-to-day work
- Who might be a good fit for patient advocate work
Links for this episode:
Podcast 68 – Being a Patient Advocate is a Real Option. Learn about starting your own side gig or fulltime business as a patient advocate in this episode with Dr. Nicole Rochester
Carpe Diem Resume Kit – Converting your CV to a resume helps recruiters better understand why you are a great match for a specific job. My resume kit will guide you through creating a polished resume for your desired job. Templates are included as well as a bonus on writing your cover letter. Give yourself the best chance of getting that interview!
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show:
Download the transcript
The post Episode #84: She Loves Being Employed as a Patient Advocate appeared first on Doctor's Crossing.