iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | Google
Have you ever thought about not just transitioning to a nonclinical career, but actually pursuing a field totally outside of healthcare? That’s what today’s guest, Dr. Kricia Palmer, did to follow her dream of becoming an interior designer – and she couldn’t be happier. Like many folks transitioning to a nonclinical career, Dr. Palmer grappled with her decision and she’ll share with us how she decided to take this leap of faith, along with tips for others who want to pursue a creative career or start their own business.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Dr. Palmer’s career path from dancer to doctor to interior designer
- How Kricia studied interior design before starting her business
- What personality types may be drawn to more creative careers
- How to cope with guilt that may arise during a career transition
- Why Dr. Palmer chose to specialize in designing for physicians
- Kricia’s business model and design services
- Incomes for interior designers and how to get started
Links for this episode:
Dr. Kricia Palmer’s Website – House Calls For Physicians
House Calls for Physicians Facebook
House Calls for Physicians Instagram
Carpe Diem Resume Kit – Converting your CV to a resume helps recruiters better understand why you are a great match for a specific job. My resume kit will guide you through creating a polished resume for your desired job. Templates are included as well as a bonus on writing your cover letter. Give yourself the best chance of getting that interview!
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show:
Download the transcript
The post Episode #87: From Allergist to Interior Designer For Physicians appeared first on Doctor's Crossing.