iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | Google
While some physicians are ready to fully transition out of clinical practice, others are looking for the best of both worlds: maintaining some clinical work and also pursuing nonclinical interests. Finding this balance through a portfolio career can keep your work interesting and prevent burnout by adding variety to your everyday routine. Today’s guest, Dr. Jingyi Liu, knew early on this was the path for her and is already maintaining a portfolio career as a PGY-2 resident. She’ll discuss how she knew this was the best fit for her and steps you can take to find a portfolio approach that works for you.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- Why clinical practice can feel routine even early on
- Different ways to approach a portfolio career
- How a portfolio career can counteract boredom and stagnation
- What led Dr. Liu to pursue interests outside of clinical medicine
- The steps Jingyi took to make her portfolio goals a reality
- How Dr. Liu realized she wanted to maintain a clinical role
- Jingyi’s advice for those considering a portfolio career
Links for this episode:
Dr. Jingyi Liu
Episode 79: Find Flexibility and Fun as an Independent Consultant
Carpe Diem Resume Kit – Converting your CV to a resume helps recruiters better understand why you are a great match for a specific job. My resume kit will guide you through creating a polished resume for your desired job. Templates are included as well as a bonus on writing your cover letter. Give yourself the best chance of getting that interview!
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Send an email to Team@doctorscrossing.com with feedback or suggestions.
Other ways to enjoy the show:
Download the transcript
The post Episode 90: An Antidote to Stagnation and Boredom – the Portfolio Career appeared first on Doctor's Crossing.