iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | Google
When embarking on a career change, most physicians naturally start by looking outward: What role fits me best? Where should I apply? However, if you don’t take the time to look inward and develop a good relationship with yourself, these outward steps may not yield the results you are hoping for. Today’s guest, Dr. Cindy Tsai, is an internal medicine physician, coach, and author, who will discuss the importance of your relationship with yourself and strategies for coping and reframing your perspective when this relationship becomes compromised.
In this episode we’re talking about:
- How Dr. Tsai’s childhood experiences influenced her relationship with herself
- The diagnosis that led Cindy to reconsider her priorities
- Techniques to reframe imposter syndrome
- How to deal with perfectionism that has become dysfunctional
- Why chronic people pleasing can lead to a negative relationship with yourself
- How viewing yourself as a victim can lead to feeling stuck
- Dr. Tsai’s book, So Much Better: Life-Changing Strategies to Develop Calm, Confidence & Curiosity to Become Your Own Inspiring Success Story
Links for this episode:
LinkedIn for Physicians Course – Would you rather clean out your garage or attic than “put yourself out there” and network? No worries! My LinkedIn course is geared to make networking doable and fun. I will show you how to connect with people who can be helpful for your career, what to put in your messages, and how to apply strategically for the job you really want. You can learn more about this course and get a sneak peek inside right HERE.
Dr. Tsai’s website
Dr. Tsai’s LinkedIn
So Much Better: Life-Changing Strategies to Develop Calm, Confidence & Curiosity to Become Your Own Inspiring Success Story by Cindy Tsai, MD
Thank you for listening!
If you love the podcast, we’d LOVE a review:
- Your positive review really helps other physicians find this podcast and increase the visibility. Click here for a video tutorial on how to leave a review. THANK YOU!!
If you’d like to share your thoughts on this episode:
Other ways to enjoy the show:
🎙 Download the transcript