Opting out of Medicare has caused a lot of confusion for NPs and other providers. Not understanding what it means can lead to problems & fines.
In this episode of the NP Business Matters Podcast (Episode #65) I address:
- The Social Security Act and how that impacts providers.
- When you can bill Medicare and when you don’t have to.
- What it means by opting out of Medicare.
- Can you just refuse to see Medicare recipients?
- Can I just have them sign something that says they understand I don’t bill Medicare?
- I’ve never had a Medicare provider number, can I just not credential with them?
Connect with the Podcast
You can find the NP Business Matters Podcast on popular podcasting platforms:
And as always, please subscribe, leave a rating, and share with your colleagues.
If you have requests for topics and/or guests, you can leave us a comment below, or anonymously fill out this form.
I invite you to share your thoughts, ideas, and/or questions in the comments below.