The empty pill capsule is mainly used for containing solid drugs, such as homemade powder, health care products, medicines, etc., and solves the problem of bad tastes. Capsules have good bioavailability and dissolve quickly, reliably and safely, so they are very popular.
Because the average water content of empty capsules is 12% to 15%. If the capsule is improperly stored, it will absorb water or dehydrate, resulting in a change in the diameter and shape of the capsule. It is therefore important to understand the storage conditions of the empty capsules for the user.
1. The water content of the gel capsule is too little, it is easy to be broken, and too much is easy to soften and deform, therefore the water content should be controlled between 12.5 and 17.5%.
2. Containers with capsules should be placed on the shelves in a cool, ventilated place, avoiding windows and pipes where can get sunlight and heat.
3. It cannot be stressed.
4. Before use, the packaging container of the capsule should be kept sealed; if it is already opened, please take corresponding sterilization measures, otherwise it will cause bacterial contamination.
5. The stock temperature should be maintained at 15 – 25 ° C; the relative humidity should be maintained at 35 – 65%.
6. The product cannot be stored under high temperature and high humidity conditions, otherwise it will be blocked and deformed due to heat becoming soft; it cannot be placed in an environment where the temperature is too low or too dry, otherwise the capsule is prone to brittle.
Note: This storage condition is referred to from “Pharmacopoeia of the People’s Republic of China“.